Season pumpkin seeds with almost everything in a spice cabinet. Take a bowl, put the melted butter and salt with seeds in it. Expand these seeds in one layer and cook them until they are brownish and also maintain their movement for some time. Boiling the seeds for 5 minutes in a salted water before roasting will helps to clean and season them. Pat the boiled seeds well dry before baking, otherwise they won’t turn crispy or brown.
What are Pumpkin Seeds?
Pumpkin seeds are also known as “pepita” – a Mexican Spanish term. They are flat, dark green seeds. Some are encased in a yellow-white husk (often called the shell), although some varieties of pumpkins produce seeds without shells.
Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds have a malleable chewy texture and subtly sweet, nutty flavor. They’re rich sources of Protein, Fiber, Magnesium, Zinc & Potassium and are gluten-free.
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of protein, magnesium, antioxidants, zinc, fiber, potassium, and gluten-free.
- They support bone health and the immune system.
- Pumpkin seeds have been associated with several health benefits as eating a small amount of them can provide you with a substantial quantity of healthy nutrients.
- “A fit healthy body is the best fashion statement” – Therefore to promote health and true wellness we have made pumpkin seeds that are certified with no chemical, GMP, and ISO certification.
Recipe by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
How To Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds At Home?
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 ½ cups pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons of your favorite spice blends like harissa, chili powder, and curry powder
2 teaspoons fine sea salt, or more as needed
2 teaspoons melted coconut oil or nut oil like walnut
Try more pumpkin recipes
How To Make
- Heat the oven to 177 °C (350 °F). Take also a paper sheet for baking on it.
- Take a saucepan of medium-size and pour two cups of water in it also add two teaspoons of salt and make it boil.
- During this process, exteriorize the seeds from your pumpkin. Add these seeds to boil and fill them in cold water until they appear on the top of the water and also become clean.
- Now add these cleaned seeds to boiling salted water. Cook them for 5 mins. Make sure that no more pumpkin is attached with seeds.
- Spread the seeds onto a dishcloth or towel to make them completely dry.
- After adding some oil and other spices, cook them well and maintain their movements.
- Spread the seeds into a single layer.
- Bake the seeds until they leave their fragrance and also their edges get brown.
- Time depends upon the quantity and size of your seeds.