Prepare Time: 50 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr
Additional Time: 30 min
Total Time: 2 hr 20 min
Cholesterol: 13.6 mg
Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
Fat: 13.9 g
In this recipe, you’ll see how to make lace cookies which is also named as Florentine cookies. These cookie dries are shiny, hard, and the stay bright colors. Almonds, chocolate chips, honey, and vanilla extract are all you need. For making it more adaptable and nice you can add nuts and chocolate. These Florentine cookies are easy to make and gorgeous to look at. You can enjoy them plain, or shape them into cones or tubes, or drizzle chocolate over the top. Make and share this cookie recipe with your friends and families. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Chef John
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups whole raw almonds
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In medium saucepan, heat the butter, sugars, corn syrup and salt over medium – low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat and mix in the flour and almonds just until incorporated.
- Drop level teaspoons of the batter onto parchment – lined baking sheets, spacing them 4 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, and flour and mix until smooth. Add chopped almonds and mix with a spatula until everything is mixed.
- Add 8 rounded spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared sheet. Make spaces and shape the cookies as you like.
- Place in center of the preheated oven and then bake until golden brown for 10 to 12 minutes changing the pan.
- Remove from the oven and take out from the baking sheet to the countertop. Allow to sit until cool and crisp 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat the same process with all the cookies.
- Spread melted chocolate over all the side of the cookies. Then place a second cookie, roll to make sandwich and press very gently to seal. Repeat the same with all the cookies. Keep the cookies for 30 minutes until chocolate has firmed up.