Prepare Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Fat: 21 g
Sugar: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 51 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
What’s simpler—and way better—than moment Macintosh and cheese? The combination of evaporated milk, shredded sharp cheddar, and Monterey jack cheese create the most flavorful and delicious sauce. This homemade recipe is delicious, cheesy, and luscious. Rich, velvety, hand-crafted instant pot macaroni and cheese!
Recipe by: Jessica Gavin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ (173 g) cups shredded sharp cheddar and Monterey jack cheese
- black pepper
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 pound (454 g) elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp. dijon or yellow mustard
- 3 cups water, or more as needed
Try more homemade recipes
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Homemade Fresh Cheese
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
- The Ultimate Homemade Pizza
How To Make
- Add noodles, water, mustard, and salt in the Instant Pot, mix to combine.
- Make sure the release valve is in the “sealing” position. Cover the instant pot, twist and lock.
- Press the “manual” button on the instant pot at high pressure, then use the “+” or “-” button to set the timer to 5 minutes.
- It will require around 10 minutes for the pot to warm up and build up pressure. You will see some steam discharge from the top, and afterward the time will begin on the display.
- When cook time is finished, turn off by squeezing the “Cancel/Warm” button.
Cautiously eliminate the lid, opening the top away from you as steam will be set free from the pot.
- Add the vaporized milk. Mix every so often until the sauce has heated up, around 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the hotness by hitting the “Cancel/Warm” button.
- Tenderly mix in cheeses, about a ½ cup at a time, until completely dissolve and sauce is smooth.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper as wanted. Serve warm.