Total Time: 2 hr 20 min
Fat: 29.5 g
Protein: 35 g
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Slow-cooked chicken and beans might resemble a modest dish, however, the rich flavors make for a delightful winter-prepared stew.
Recipe by: Good House Keeping
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans of cannellini beans, rinsed
- ½ lb. bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 chicken thighs, 2 ¼ pounds
- 2 c. fresh breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
Try more chicken recipes
- Chicken With Peach-Avocado Salsa
- Curried Chicken Skillet
- Za’atar Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Crescent Rolls
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
How To Make
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in a huge Dutch stove on medium.
- Wipe chicken off and prepare with ¼ teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Place skin side down in the dish.
- Cook until brilliant brown, around 6 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add frankfurters to the pot and cook until caramelized everywhere, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; let cool prior to cutting.
- Add bacon to the pot and cook, blending sporadically, until brilliant brown and fresh, 8-10 minutes. With an opened spoon, move to paper towels. Dispose of everything except 2 tablespoons of fat in the pot.
- Add onion and ¼ tsp salt to pot and cook, mixing periodically, until brilliant brown and delicate, 5 to 6 minutes. Add carrots and celery and cook 3 minutes more. Eliminate heat.
- In a little bowl, consolidate breadcrumbs, garlic, and thyme and put away.
Mix beans and stock into the pot alongside chicken, frankfurter, and bacon and sprinkle with scrap blend.
- Prepare until chicken is fork-delicate and the stew has thickened, around 11/2 hours.
- Heat oven and cook until pieces are brilliant brown, around 3 minutes Let stand 10 minutes prior to serving.