Prepare Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
Spiked Hot Chocolate is a festive cocktail that’s perfect for the holidays and you can easily whip up on a crisp Christmas night with a boozy, chocolatey drink. This boozy hot cocoa is not to be missed.
Recipe by: Good House Keeping
- 2 cinnamon sticks, crushed
- Toasted marshmallows, for serving
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 8 cups of whole milk
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ to 1 cup rye or bourbon
- 2 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
Try more chocolate recipes
- Margarita Truffles
- Chocolate Trifle
- Chocolate Cake Balls
- Chocolate Cream Puff Swans
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Syrup
How To Make
- In a large saucepan, mix the cocoa powder and granulated sugar.
- Whisk in 1½ cups of milk until completely fused (until the mixture will be a thick paste).
- Continuously whisk in the remaining 6½ cups of milk.
- Add cinnamon sticks and bring to a stew, stirring sporadically.
- Simmer, stirring periodically until you can smell the cinnamon, 8-10 mins.
- Add whisk and chocolate until softened. Strain into a subsequent pot, then, at that point, blends in whiskey.
- Pour into another bowl then stir in the bourbon.
- Serve topped with toasted marshmallows.